Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Strike a pose!

This week, we booked one of the vendors that I'm most excited about - our photo booth!

When we started planning our reception, I wasn't totally sold on the idea of having a photo booth. Sure, they're always fun - and everyone likes taking goofy pictures of themselves - but was it really worth the cost? Those suckers can be pricey! But after going to two family weddings this summer, each of which featured a photo booth with tons of props, I realized that the joy of taking group pictures with faux-mustaches and bowler hats was well worth the price. Lucky for me, Mama L came to the same conclusion!

"We have GOT to get one of these for your wedding," she said, as she wound the feather boa around her neck and selected a pair of oversized sunglasses for our third round of pictures.

Me and Pops at my cousin's wedding!
 As soon as I got back home, I started researching vendors. There were lots of choices, but we finally settled on my first choice: Magnolia Photo Booth Co.! They're a teeny bit on the pricier side, but they have a lot of really cool extras that seal the deal - like a coffee table book full of your photos from the event, free custom artwork for your photo strips and a box of ready-to-go props for your dressing-up delight. And the folks at Magnolia couldn't be nicer to work with - they're super prompt at returning emails and answering questions, and they all sound like they would be really fun to hang out with!

Me, Mr. M and Mama L at wedding #2!
 Which is a good thing, since we'll be seeing a whole lot of their attendant on the day of our wedding! Man, they're gonna have to drag me out of that booth. Think a faux-mustache will look good with my wedding dress? I do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not having a photo booth (because I'm not really the goofy type and they've always made me a little uncomfortable), but I can't wait to see your pics: I always love seeing the pictures of others in them! I'm glad you found such a good one!!

    ReplyDelete