Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hey, Mister DJ!

After we got our venue settled, it was time to move on to selecting the vendors: a DJ, a photographer and a florist. One of my uncles is a professional DJ, and he did the music for my brother's wedding. He was fantastic! Everyone was on the dance floor all night, the announcements were cool and not super cheesy and he patiently accepted all of my requests for more Notorious B.I.G. - what more could you ask for?! But I was worried that if he spent his time working at our wedding, he wouldn't really get to enjoy it - though he definitely seemed to enjoy my brother's - so I started looking around for other options.

In all of my wedding review searches, one name kept popping up: DJ Gaza. Folks said that not only was he lovely to work with and reasonably priced, he was also seriously amazing at his job. They said, even guests who don't usually dance were grooving on the dance floor all night! So I emailed DJ Gaza and set up an appointment for the next week.

The day of our meeting, Bridesmaid N texted me and said, "Don't sign a contract with a DJ until you meet my friend Gary! He's the best!" That's funny, I thought - DJ Gaza's name is Gary! I wonder if it's the same guy?

Turns out it was! Gary and N know each other through a mutual friend, and between N's recommendation, DJ Gaza's sample playlists and my conversations with Gary, who really couldn't be more lovely, we booked him on the spot. Now I totally can't wait for to hear him spin at our wedding - we just know that he will make the party amazing.

One big vendor down, and two to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment