Monday, September 17, 2012

Hello, gorgeous!

I've never been much of a make-up girl. I'm envious of women who what to do with cosmetics - they always look so put together! My grooming standards tend to be a lot lower - as long as I've brushed my teeth and I'm wearing pants and a shirt, I'm pretty much ready to go. I've been trying to step it up a little bit more lately, putting some more thought into my outfits and making sure I blow out my hair in the morning and put on a little foundation, but I'm still an absolute beginner when it comes to the world of make-up. 

Which is why I was super grateful to meet Elizabeth Black, who came over this weekend to do a pre-wedding make-up trial. She really knows what she's doing! A little airbrush here, a few false eyelashes there, and I was a significantly prettier version of myself. Check it out:

Hello, gorgeous!
After thirty-something years of mostly seeing myself sans eyeliner, I was worried that the drama of wedding day make-up was going to make me feel like a drag queen. But Elizabeth's work was awesome - she made my blotchy skin look porcelain and just perfectly flushed, opened up my eyes and somehow magically found the only shade of lipstick that has ever actually looked good on me. Magic!

And check out those eyelashes!
When I win the lottery, I am so hiring her to come do my make-up every morning. Until then, I'll just have to look forward to seeing her again on my wedding day! 

2 comments:

  1. Your makeup is definitely gorgeous (though I'm sure you're beautiful without it, too): I love the eyelashes and the lip color! You're going to shine on your big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! The lip color is one of my favorite parts, too - I'm really impressed that she found something that looks like... natural but better. :)

    ReplyDelete