Friday, September 7, 2012

Felt-o-rama!

A few weeks ago, in one of my Pinterest-Etsy-Blogspot wedding sprees, I came across a seriously gorgeous ring bearer pillow from Hey Miemie on Etsy. It was made out of felt and covered with gorgeous felt flowers and pretty ribbons. Loved it! But instead of just ordering a custom one, I decided to make one for myself. Being a former Girl Scout and chronically bored child of a very creative mother, there are few things in the world I love more than crafting. Origami? Bring it on! Knitting and sewing? I'm your girl! But I had somehow made it through thirty one years on the planet without ever making flowers out of felt.

About seventy five tutorials later, I did it! Though I still have to pick up some embroidery thread and a hot glue gun for the finishing touches, here's what I've got so far:


Kind of cute, right? (Despite the blurry camera-phone photograph.) The felt dahlias were purchased from Michael's, but the other flowers are all homemade. I've got to work on evening out the edges, and I'm planning on embroidering some details on the leaves - oh yeah, and sewing the ribbon on for the rings! - but I kind of love it already.

Update! I finished stitching the leaves and flowers... and I think I might like it better with everything all clustered together in the center like this. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I might just be a little jealous of your skillzzzz too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be - especially the felt roses. They look complicated, but they're actually super easy to put together!

      Delete