Saturday, May 19, 2012

Welcome to Paper Hearts!

Hey there, reader! Welcome to my wedding blog!

First, a brief introduction. I'm Kat, a thirty-something Brooklyn bride-to-be planning my June 2013 wedding to the fabulous Mr. M! We're having a Catholic ceremony in my Prospect Heights parish, then celebrating with a big party at my dream reception venue: the Palm House at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. I can't wait!

Mr. M proposed back in January, and I have been absolutely giddy ever since. Besides the fact that I completely adore him and am head-over-heels thrilled at the prospect of getting to spend the rest of my life hanging out with him, I love planning a good party! These days, every single moment not spent daydreaming about the future with Mr. M (or, you know, working...) is devoted to planning all of the fun little details of our wedding. 

In the interest of not completely annoying and alienating my friends (and fiance) by blathering on about wedding planning all day, I've started this blog to give myself an outlet for all of the (totally awesome) details. So this is for all you ladies (and gentlemen, maybe) who share in my addiction to Pinterest wedding boards, the Weddingbee blogs, checklists on the Knot and pretty pictures on Ruffled and 100 Layer Cake! Come help me obsess over ruffled frosting on wedding cakes and worry about whether I'll be able to get anemones in June.

Oh, and the title of this blog? It comes from "our song" - Trippin' On a Hole In a Paper Heart by Stone Temple Pilots. Not the most traditional song, maybe... but it's ours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment