Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Save the Date!

A few hours ago, as I was getting ready to leave work for the day, an email popped up in my inbox: "Your FedEx package is available for pickup."  Hallelujah! I shut off my computer and raced over to the FedEx office like a kid on Christmas morning. Our save the date cards from Minted had arrived!

I definitely get inappropriately excited over paper products. My local Paper Source store employees practically know me by name, and I've spent weeks searching for just the right "Will you be my flower girl?" cards for my eight year old cousins. (Which, by the way, I finally found in a little stationery store in Philadelphia this weekend. One more thing to check off the list!) Anyway, needless to say, getting this package in the mail had been the highlight of my week.


First of all, how cute is the little ribbon-and-sticker wrapping? I was all, "A present? For ME?! Why, thank you!" 


And here they are! The color looks a little faded in this photograph, but in real life, these are a lovely, vibrant pink and navy blue. The card stock is nice and heavy, the printing is absolutely perfect.... I'm totally thrilled with these cards. It's still a few months too soon to send them out, so I'm going to tuck them away until late summer - which is great, because it gives me plenty of time to round up everybody's address! But I can't wait until our guests have these in their hands.

(Mine is already on the fridge!)

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! I found you on weddingbee and had to comment on this post. I myself almost bought those same Save The Dates. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I totally love them... they're even nicer in person that on the screen. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Those are amazeballs! We got our save-the-dates in the post yesterday and whereas I love them... They don't compare to yours! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'm sure yours are awesome, too, though. :) How could they not be?! But yeah, Minted is seriously great. I think we're going to get our formal invitations from them, too!

      Delete
  3. Really cool, I'm going to check out Minted now!

    ReplyDelete